Thursday, December 07, 2006

 

Last Sunday's Socks

Okay, If you have read any of my blog you know that I have a blanket that I am working on (I use that term loosely) for my husband. This blanket has been dubbed "The Nemesis" by me and all my SnB friends.

I have been working on this blanket for literally five years. I will work on a square (it is crocheted) then put it away for months at a time. The blanket is not really my cup of tea if you know what I mean. The pattern is not hard and the colors are a little drab but what blanket for a guy is not Blue, Grey and Lt. Blue? What gets me is the GRANNY SQUARES! Never before had I done that many dang squares in my life and for some unknown reason (I think I was temporarily delusional from just having gotten married) I told my husband that I would make him this blanket. I have been living in agony over that decision for Five years.

I tell you all this to let you know that my BFF has had it with hearing about this blanket from John (my husband) and myself so...She made a deal with me. I make her a pair of socks and she will finish the blanket (I have all the squares started, more than half of them done and six strips put together). It was like the heavens opened up and the angels started to sing.

So, she gave me her sock yarn on a Thursday and by Sunday she had these:

Made out of Lion Brand Wool Ease on size 5 DPN ( I don't know how to do the whole magic loop thing...Need to learn). They were a total breeze...If you need a pair of socks fast, totally use that yarn! It made a really cushy sock that not only feels great but since is has wool in them they are warm and machine washable.

A pair of socks for the Nemesis? Done! Heck, I would even make two pairs!

MarlyKnits (Yarn Thing)

www.knitthing.blogspot.com


Comments:
lol - love the story about the blanket - and the socks look wonderful too :)
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?